Are you wondering how to track your packages with FedEx, or you are having a problem with the FedEx tracking services?
Once you have chosen to ship your packages with FedEx, just keep calm.
Your goods are in safe hands.
FedEx is an airline and logistics company based in the United States but operates in many countries around the world.
Moreover, it is a company of American origin that has more than 25 years of experience and now offers its services in Europe, the USA, and Asia-Pacific, and many other countries.
Today it has become one of the most valued and respected companies by users.
When you buy products from Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, and other online stores, shipments are often made through FedEx.
Recommended reading: List Of Visa Free Countries For UAE Passport Holders.
The FedEx tracking services include the following: Email tracking, Text message tracking, Mobile Tracking, among others.
With these tracking services, you don’t need to call FedEx to know where your package is.
Every single item you order through FedEx is handled with much care. It could be a gift to your beloved or maybe a parcel you bought from an online store. Each item delivered is critical to FedEx.
FedEx has enhanced its services with the different options it provides to its customers so that they are sure that their packages will arrive on time and without any setbacks.
Most shipments sent through FedEx provide a tracking number, which is no more than an identification number that allows access to all information about the status of the package.
Recommended reading: List Of Super Easy Business Ideas In Africa.
How To Track Your Goods Sent By FedEx
As you have seen, the best way to ship or receive a parcel is using FedEx. This way you are always assured of the safety of your goods.
FedEx offers you a complete set of free and easy-to-use shipping tools to ease your shipping experience.
You save time by automating your shipping with these tools provided by FedEx.
When using these FedEx tracking tools, you can find out the status of the items you shipped in real-time.
You don’t need to call FedEx customer service to know this information about your shipment.
With FedEx, you can enjoy full tracking through the internet, text messages, and by email.
Step By Step To Track Shipments Using Your FedEx Tracking Number
The easiest way to track FedEx shipment is by using a tracking number.
The most common way to track a package sent through FedEx is by a tracking code. This number is provided on the website where you purchased the item, or it must be provided by the person sending the package.
Follow these steps to track your shipment using your FedEx tracking number:
- Go to the FedEx website here https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/.
- Enter the tracking number of your package.
- Click on the “Track” button.
That is how to track your shipment using the tracking number.
In case you have more tracking numbers you can choose to go to the section “Multiple tracking numbers“.
With this option, you can add up to 30 tracking numbers.
Format Of The FedEx Tracking Number
Since FedEx serves domestic as well as international clients, each service has a different tracking code format.
Your tracking number may have different digits or characters depending on the format you were given and the service you are using.
FedEx has about four (4) different formats of tracking numbers.
So what is the format for FedEx tracking number?
The most common FedEx tracking number format is the 12 digits (123456789012) and the 15 digits (123456789012345).
The other two (2) forms of the tracking numbers are the 20 and 22 characters.
Read Also: Zip Code and Postal Code – What You Need to Know.
How To Track Your FedEx Package By Reference Number (Without Tracking)
Can you track a FedEx package without a tracking number?
If you are still wondering, then the answer is YES!
Another option that you can use to perform package tracking is using a reference number. This number is one that appears on the shipping invoice.
Read also: Visa-Free Countries For Ghana.
Tracking Your Shipment With FedEx Insight
Like other providers such as USPS and DHL, FedEx tracking is much more secured when you register and log into your account.
FedEx Insight is a tracking tool available to users that enables you to monitor the status of your shipment and you are given an alert automatically on events that affect your package.
The security of your shipment information is a top priority to FedEx.
That is why registration is required before you can get access to your shipment details.
After you register at fedex.com, you are at liberty to get details of your inbound and outbound shipments, as well as third-party shipments connected to your account.
For those who use FedEx Insight, these are the advantages that you enjoy:
- Exporting data from your FedEx Insight for use in other applications.
- Get the status of all shipments matched to your account. You even get instant status information if your delivery is delayed.
- It saves time since there is no need to track each freight separately.
- It enables you to plan efficiently and distribute resources with proactive delay notifications.
Moreover, with FedEx Insight you can track an unlimited number of addresses, company names or account numbers.
You need to bear in mind that the FedEx tracking number will not work until the post office scan the package.
Recommended reading: How to Use WhatsApp Business App for iPhone and Android.
How To Register For FedEx Insight
To successfully register for FedEx Insight, you need the following:
1. Your FedEx account number.
2. FedEx login ID.
NB: If you do not have FedEx account number or login ID, you need to visit fedex.com and open an account.
Follow these steps to register for FedEx Insight:
- Go to https://www.fedex.com.
- Select “Track” from the tab at the top.
- Select “FedEx Insight“.
- Click on “Insight Registration Checklist” in the “Getting Started” section.
- After going through the registration checklist, click “Register Now.”
- If you have already registered for FedEx enter your login details.
- If you don’t have one, click on “Sign Up Now” to register.
That is all you need to do to register for your FedEx Insight account.
You need to enter your account number(s) and address before your shipment details are displayed.
How Long Does Shipment Take to be Visible In Insight?
Your shipment details are displayed in the Insight dashboard from the time FedEx picks up your shipment up to four (4) days after you have confirmed delivery.
If for anything there is no proof of delivery, your shipments are displayed for fifteen (15) days.
Learn also: How To Change Your Gmail Password On Android And PC.
Using FedEx Mobile Tracking
FedEx also offers its users a mobile application for Android and iOS platforms.
The FedEx Mobile App will allow you to register tracking numbers and thus track shipments on your mobile device.
With FedEx Mobile tracking, you are now able to track your packages with either a text message, using the mobile app, or FedEx mobile website.
Mobile tracking is the easiest way of tracking your shipments.
You get updates any day anytime, so you know the status of your package every step of the way.
With the FedEx Mobile App, you can do the following:
- Track the status of all shipments, either own or external (through a tracking number).
- You can receive notifications on your cell phone when an update occurs in shipments.
- Request collection through the creation of a shipping label from the app. You can also obtain approximate shipping costs.
- Scan bar codes.
- Find FedEx offices near you.
- You can log in with your finger or with facial recognition.
And much more.
Recommended reading: Best Real Estate Companies You Should Know Now!
FedEx Text Message Tracking
The Text Message Tracking feature allows you to track your packages by sending a text from your mobile device.
After sending the text message, FedEx will send you the status of your shipment.
If you are tracking your shipments on an ongoing basis, follow these steps to configure the FedEx text message tracking:
- To begin, send “FOLLOW” and your tracking number to a short-code. Eg. 38349.
- For example, “FOLLOW 012345678999“.
- Next, you will receive a welcome message.
- Reply YES to the message you received in step 2.
- Done. You have now successfully activated FedEx Text message tracking.
How To Make A One-Time Text Message Tracking
Like you did in the previous step, this time, send “TRACK” and the tracking number to the shortcode. After sending the message, you will receive an update on your shipment.
You can repeat the whole process to monitor another shipment.
If you want to end the tracking, send “STOP” to the shortcode.
Also, you can send “HELP” to the shortcode should you face any challenges.
Find out the Current Treasury Bill Rate In Ghana.
FedEx Email Tracking
Another exciting way to know the status of a package is through an email-enabled exclusively for it.
This gives you the ability to track up to 30 shipments using a single email request.
How To Use Email To Track Your FedEx Shipments
Follow the instructions below to use FedEx email tracking:
- Enter your email. In the “To” field, enter firstname.lastname@example.org taking into account that it is not necessary to fill in the “Subject” field.
- In the body of the message, enter your FedEx tracking number.
- You can enter up to 30, one per line or separated by commas.
- Send the email, and you will get a response with the current status of the package.
Those are the steps you will follow to track your FedEx shipment using your email address.
FedEx “In Transit” – What Does It Mean?
As we all know, FedEx always checks each package when it arrives at their distribution center.
They then update the tracking information, and that is what you see with the name of that distribution center.
When you see “In Transit,” it means your item is on its way. Either moving from one distribution center to another or it has been shipped, picked up, loaded on their truck or plane.
Goods in transit may also mean that it is being moved towards the destination but has not yet reached the final destination.
Thus, your goods in transit may mean the following:
- It has been handed over to the FedEx carrier.
- Your item has been departed from the country of origin.
- Your package is in another country, which is a transit point, and it will later be forwarded to the final destination.
- It has finally arrived at the destination country but is pending customs inspection.
- Also, “In Transit” may mean that your package has arrived at the destination country but is being transported to the town or city based on the shipping address.
Check Out: GoGPayslip – Your E-Payslip Guide.
How Do You Contact FedEx About A Package
To contact FedEx about your package, follow these steps:
- Call 1.800.463.3339 for assistance.
- Email FedEx. You can send your emails to FedEx Ground or FedEx Express for help with envelopes, packages, or freight shipments.
- Contact the FedEx customer support center.
Advantages Of Online Package Tracking
Freight tracking through the internet is extremely convenient because you will not have to make calls to the carrier, not even mention the digits of the tracking code one by one.
Tracking a package online has the advantage that you can do it at any time and from anywhere with an internet connection by merely entering the tracking number.
Besides, many services allow you to subscribe to package status notifications, with which you will receive an email each time you change the location of the package you are waiting for.
If you have any issue with FedEx or any suggestion, use the comment section below.
You can also share with your friends using any of the share buttons to pass on the information to your loved ones.
- Great Zimbabwe University (GZU) Student Portal Login – https://studentportal.gzu.ac.zw
- FNB South Africa Bond Calculator Guide – Check Affordability With Loan Calculator
- UDS Student Portal Login Guide – How to Sign-In To UDMIS Student Account
- KNUST Vclass Student Portal Login Guide – Go Here https://vclass.knust.edu.gh
- PTCAS Login Guide 2021 – Follow These Steps To Sign-In To Your PCAS Account
- Access Bank Nigeria Internet Banking – How To Register, Login & Use Online Banking
- NABCO Ghana – Ultimate Guide To Nation Builders Corps (NABCO) 2021 Recruitment
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Nana Abrokwa
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/fedex-tracking/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2022, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for May 2022, check them:
- How To Login to Your Pentecost University Student Portal, Login With Ease
- How To Start A Shop In Nairobi, Establish A Lucrative Shop
- How To Start A Retail Business In Uganda, Put Up A Profitable Retail Business
- How To Start A Furniture Business In Nairobi, Make Money From Furniture
- How To Start A Breakfast Business In Ghana, Create A Reputable Breakfast Joint
- How To Start A Small Construction Business In Uganda, Make A Profitable Construction Business
- How To Start A Toiletries Business In Ghana , Grow Your Toiletries Business
- How To Start A Profitable Export Business In Ghana , Make Money From Exportation
- How To Start A Movie Shop In Nairobi, Build A Vibrant Movie Shop
- How To Start A Beauty Shop In Nairobi, Create A Profitable Beauty Shop