Controller and Accountant General’s Department (CAGD) introduced the GoGPayslip in October 2013 to improve the payroll for better service delivery. In this article, you will learn everything about the Epayslip system in Ghana.
The CAGD E-Payslip system is designed for the Government of Ghana (GoG) staff to have easy access to their payslip. This means your e-payslip is accessible from anywhere around the world.
What Is An ePayslip?
With an ePayslip, employees have easy access to their payslips online from a secure website. This means you can use your phone or laptop which has an internet connection to access your payslip online.
Once you have an internet connection, you can check your GogPayslip on your phone or laptop with ease.
The Payslip is an important record so it must be transmitted through a secured medium if it must be sent electronically, which is what the Controller and Accountant Generals Department (CAGD) does.
Moreover, the hard copy must also be issued in a way the employee can access without difficulty. Your employer is mandated to provide you with a payslip at least one business day before you receive your salary.
And that is the norm.
So in effect, the GoG Payslip serves as an online payslip checker for Ghana government workers.
Recommended Reading: Current Treasury Bill Rate In Ghana.
What Are The Benefits Of Using GoG E-Payslip
The introduction of the E-Payslip has lead to a faster, improved and faster way to access payment information.
These are some of the benefits of using the E-Payslip:
- It is more secure. When you access your payslip online at www.gogpayslip.com, all your information is encrypted since it uses a secure protocol. Moreover, a password known only to you is required to access your account making it extremely difficult for someone else to get into your account.
- As you already know, your Gogpayslip can be accessed anywhere on any device connected to the internet. Furthermore, GoG staff in remote areas with internet access don’t need to come to the district and regional capitals to get their payslip.
- You can save and print copies of your E-payslip.
- All your previous payslips are also available to you anywhere anytime.
- Controller and Accountant General’s Department always send you a notification as soon as salaries are validated and processed. The CAGD notification is sent when payslip has been processed and is ready.
- The content of your E-payslip and that of the printed one is the same.
Read Also: Top Insurance Companies In Ghana.
Requirements To Register For The Gogpayslip Online
Before you begin the online registration process, there are certain things that you will need to sign up for your e-payslip.
The following requirements are needed to register for GogPayslip:
- Employee number
- Email Address
- Registration code
- Secret password
- Mobile number
Read this also: Ultimate Guide To MTN Ghana Turbonet.
Steps On How To Register For GoG Epayslip In Ghana
The steps to register and access your epayslip account is very simple.
You need to follow this guide to successfully register for your GoG e-payslip account:
- Visit www.gogpayslip.com on your phone or laptop
- On arrival, you will see a dialog box issuing a disclaimer to all GOG staff saying Controller and Accountant General’s Department is liable to financial loss as a result of disclosing the password to third parties. All you need to do is to select “Click here to continue.”
- From there you will come to the Gogpayslip sign-in page. If you have already registered then sign in with your E-payslip details.
- If you have not registered yet, click on REGISTER FOR E-PAYSLIP.
- You will now get to the Gogpayslip registration page. As I said earlier, the requirements for successful registration for GOG E-payslip are a mobile phone number, registration code, email address, and an employee number.
- Enter and confirm your employee number.
- In the field for the password, enter and verify your password.
- There is a section for the registration code. It is a one-time code that allows you to register to use GoGpayslip service. You need to contact your management unit head before you can get your registration code.
- Enter and confirm your mobile number which I know you already have. If you are not a resident of Ghana, don’t panic, there is an option for you to enter your number. Click on the drop-down menu and select a different country.
- Fill the captcha by entering the right word.
- After cross-checking and confirming your details, click on “Register.”
Note: GoG E-Payslip website does not have any option to Agree or Disagree with their terms and conditions.
As soon as you provide your details and click “Register,” you agree with the terms and conditions.
Please note: Some users mistakenly enter wrong addresses like www.epayslip.com.gh and www.gogpayslip.com.gh which lead them to different websites.
Read Also: Complete Guide to Fidelity Bank Ghana.
How To Sign In To Your CAGD Gogpayslip
I have been receiving numerous emails from people asking me this question: Please how do I login and check my e payslip?
Here is the detailed information for you to login to your E-payslip account.
- Open your browser and type www.gogpayslip.com in the address bar. You can even search for e-payslip login on Google. Select the site with the heading “Your E-Payslip” and click on that.
- If you have already registered for the Government of Ghana E-Payslip account, then provide your details in the sign-in page.
- The requirements for signing in are Employee number and Password.
- To complete the captcha, enter the code shown.
- Verify the information provided and if everything is OK click on “Sign In.”
After logging in to your account, CAGD Ghana usually shows you a survey on the e-payslip login page. Here is how it reads:
Dear GoG Employee,
You are receiving this invitation to take the survey because you are a GoG employee and use the system. We would like you to take this survey so we can provide a better experience using the system. This should take approximately 5 minutes. Thank you.
Sincerely, E-payslip Team.
This is always optional, and you have a button at the top-right of the page to opt-out.
Check the screenshot below:
If you wish to take part in the survey, select the options based on your experience about the E-Payslip system and submit your answers.
Read this guide: How To Register A Business In Ghana.
Options At The E-Payslip Login Dashboard
Here are some of the options for gogpayslip users:
- My Payslip
- Change of association
- Supplementary Payslip
- Change of Password
- Wrongful deductions
- My Affordability
- My E-Forms
- Change My Number
- My Staff Card
How To Change Your Association In GogPayslip
Controller and Accountant General’s Department has made it possible for government workers to change their associations on the E-payslip system.
This is good news since no one can be forced into an association.
For example, Teachers and Nurses who are wrongfully added to associations without their consent can exit those groups on the E-payslip system.
If you detect a wrongful deduction due to an association you have joined, and you wish to leave that group, follow these steps:
- Visit the website www.gogpayslip.com and access the e-payslip login page.
- After signing in, click on “Change of Association“.
- You will see the available associations. Select the one you want to join or leave.
- Select send to complete the process.
Note: If you are new to the GoG system or you don’t have any association then this error message will be thrown at you when you select Change of Association:
You do not have a change of association form for the month.
Recommended Reading: Top 20 Richest countries In Africa According To GDP.
How Do I Check My GoGPayslip Online In Ghana
Checking your payslip online is an easy process to follow. I am saying accessing your payslip online is not difficult yet many people keep asking that very question “How do I check my payslip online?”. In this guide, you will learn how to check your payslip from any internet-enabled device.
Follow these steps if you want to check your gogpayslip online:
1. After visiting https://www.gogpayslip.com, sign in to your E-Payslip account.
2. Select “My Payslip” on the e-payslip dashboard.
3. The system will automatically take you to your current payslip, eg May 2020 Payslip.
4. Select the month and year, eg May 2020.
5. Click on “Generate.”
However, if you don’t have an active account, you will be sent to the current month but with an error message like:
No payslip for the selected month and year above. Try again with different month or year.
You can save or print a copy of your Payslip by selecting the save icon to save a copy or print icon to print a copy. These icons are located at the top-left side of each payslip.
Read Also: A Simple Guide To Change Your Gmail Password.
How to Report Wrongful Deductions Using the GogPayslip System
There are instances where the system will make a wrongful deduction to your account.
Use this platform to report all wrongful, unauthorized and over deductions.
Enter details below:
- Select 3rd party institution concerned. This can be the Bank, Association, or Insurance company making the deductions.
- Select Month and enter the year involved, eg May 2020.
- Enter issue, problem or challenge.
- Describe your issue as thoroughly as possible.
- Enter the amount involved.
- Select “Click to Send” to report your issue to CAGD Ghana.
Related Article: Ecobank Transfer Code For Nigeria.
How Do I Download My E-Payslip Online
You can easily download your Epayslip online from www.gogpayslip.com with your details.
After logging in to your online payslip account >> select the payslip for the month you wish to download >> Click on the download button at the top side of your epayslip. Choose the appropriate name for the file and save it as pdf.
Note that printing your E-payslip online is similar to the download process outlined above.
Meaning, you need to be connected to a printer in order to print the payslip.
How To Print Your CAGD Ghana GOGPayslip
If you want to print your E-Payslip, then follow these steps:
- Go to the website https://www.gogpayslip.com.
- Enter your Staff ID in the first box.
- In the next section, enter your CAGD password.
- Enter the image verification code.
- Click on the “Sign In” button to log in to your GoG Payslip account.
- Select the month you want to print the payslip, eg May 2020 Payslip.
- Make sure your laptop or computer is connected to a printer.
- Continue and print your Epayslip from your CAGD GoGpayslip dashboard.
That is how easy you can print your e-payslip online.
Check this guide: How To Contact Absa Customer Care In Ghana.
How To Request Gogpayslip Staff Card
This program introduces a highly secured card embedded with Chip and PIN and hosted on VISA and MasterCard platforms. And it is a feature on the epayslip system.
This will be issued to all employees on the Government of Ghana mechanized payroll bearing their Biometric and Payroll details.
For you to request a GoG Staff Card, you will need a passport picture with a white background, of a size not more than 3MB. Note that your picture has to be in jpg extension.
When you have all the requirements, click on “REQUEST” below, and follow the instructions.
How To Upload Or Put A Picture On Your GoG Epayslip
Here are the steps to follow to put a picture on your Gogpayslip:
- Login to your E-Payslip account here https://www.gogpayslip.com.
- Enter your CAGD Ghana Staff ID.
- In the next section, enter your password.
- Below the password, key in the verification code shown in the Captcha.
- After that, click on the Sign-In button to login to your Gogpayslip account.
- At the top of the E-Payslip dashboard, click on the image icon.
- The GoG E-Payslip picture icon is right beside your name and the Ghana Coat of Arm.
- When the pop-up appears, just upload a new image or picture from your desktop onto the CAGD dashboard.
That is how easy it is to add a picture or an image to your CAGD Gogpayslip account.
Change Your E-Payslip Phone Number
If you no longer want to use your current phone number, you can change it right in the GoG E-Payslip system. Just sign in to your account >> Select “Change My Number” >> Enter and confirm your new phone number.
How To Reset Your GoG E-Payslip Password
For those of you who have forgotten your password don’t worry. You can recover it by visiting the gogpayslip.com and selecting “forgot your password” next to the “Sign In” button.
After that, you will need to enter your Gog E-Payslip employee number and either mobile number or email address you used for the registration.
After providing this information, click on “Submit” to reset your password. You will receive a new password in either the mobile number or email address you provided.
Login to your account with that but remember to change the password after you login.
It is advisable to regularly change the password you use to login to your epayslip account.
Though the Controller and Accountant Generals Department website uses a secure SSL, you cannot always depend on such security features.
Frequently changing your password will add another layer of security to your account, ultimately giving you peace of mind.
Why Was The Government Of Ghana (GoG) E-Payslips Introduced?
The GoG E-Payslip was introduced in order to foster faster, easy, and improved access to Controller and Accountant Generals payment information.
Also, the GoG E-Payslips comes with several advantages to you, the Staff including the following:
The Gogepayslip is more secure than printed payslips because it is accessed through a secure website, www.gogpayslip.com.
This is done using a strict individual employee ID (Staff ID) and password. This information is only known to you the Staff.
You can quickly access the Gogpayslip website from any website using your internet-enabled computer or phone.
With the Gogpayslip, every Staff can actually access the previous month’s cumulated payslips.
Finally, the Gogpayslip also helps the Controller and Accountant Generals Department (CAGD) Ghana to meet the commitment and responsibility of making payslips readily available for all Government workers.
The platform also enables CAGD Ghana to correct some logistical and administrative challenges they also face with delivering the printed payslips.
Please note: Do not share your GogPayslip Password with anyone. Keep it to yourself.
You may like to read this: Are Life Insurance Premiums Tax Deductible?
This Guide Was Last Updated on by abrokwa