Controller and Accountant General’s Department (CAGD) introduced the GoGPayslip in October 2013 to improve the payroll for better service delivery.
The CAGD E-Payslip system is designed for the Government of Ghana (GoG) staffs to have easy access to their payslip. This means your payslip is accessible from anywhere around the world.
What Is An ePayslip?
With an ePayslip, employees have easy access to their payslips online from a secure website. This means you can use your phone or laptop which has the internet to access your payslip.
Once you have an internet connection, you can check your GogPayslip on your phone or laptop.
The Payslip is an important record so it must be transmitted through a secured medium if it must be sent electronically, which is what CAGD does.
Moreover, the hard copy must also be issued in a way the employee can access without difficulty. Your employer is mandated to provide you with a payslip at least one business day before you receive your salary.
Recommended Reading: Current Treasury Bill Rate In Ghana.
What Are The Benefits Of Using GoG E-Payslip
The introduction of the E-Payslip has lead to a faster, improved and faster way to access payment information.
These are some of the benefits of using the E-Payslip:
- It is more secure. When you access your payslip online at www.gogpayslip.com, all your information is encrypted since it uses a secure protocol. Moreover, a password known only to you is required to access your account making it extremely difficult for someone else to get into your account.
- As you already know, your gogpayslip can be accessed anywhere on any device connected to the internet. Furthermore, GoG staff in remote areas with internet access don’t need to come to the district and regional capitals to get their payslip.
- You can save and print copies of your E-payslip.
- All your previous payslips are also available to you anywhere anytime.
- Controller and Accountant General’s Department always send you a notification as soon as salaries are validated and processed. The CAGD notification is sent when payslip has been processed and is ready.
- The content of your E-payslip and that of the printed one is the same.
Read Also: Top Insurance Companies In Ghana.
Steps To Register For GoG Epayslip
The requirement to register for GogPayslip are:
- Employee number
- Email Address
- Registration code
- Secret password
- Mobile number
Here are the steps you need to follow to successfully register for your GoGPayslip account:
- Visit www.gogpayslip.com on your phone or laptop
- On arrival, you will see a dialog box issuing a disclaimer to all GOG staff saying Controller and Accountant General’s Department is liable to financial loss as a result of disclosing the password to third parties. All you need to do is to select “Click here to continue.”
- From there you will come to the Gogpayslip sign in page. If you have already registered then sign in with your E-payslip details.
- If you have not registered yet, click on REGISTER FOR E-PAYSLIP.
- You will now get to the gogpayslip registration page. As I said earlier, the requirements for successful registration for GOG E-payslip are a mobile phone number, registration code, email address, and an employee number.
- Enter and confirm your employee number.
- In the field for the password, enter and verify your password.
- There is a section for the registration code. It is a one-time code that allows you to register to use gogpayslip service. You need to contact your management unit head before you can get your registration code.
- Enter and confirm your mobile number which I know you already have. If you are not a resident of Ghana, don’t panic, there is an option for you to enter your number. Click on the drop-down menu and select a different country.
- Fill the captcha by entering the right word.
- After cross-checking and confirming your details, click on “Register.”
Note: GoG E-Payslip website does not have any option to Agree or Disagree with their terms and conditions.
As soon as you provide your details and click “Register,” you agree with the terms and conditions.
Read Also: Complete Guide to Fidelity Bank Ghana.
How To Sign In To Gogpayslip
I have been receiving numerous emails from people asking me this question: Please how do I login and check my e payslip?
Here is the detailed information for you to login to your E-payslip account:
- Open your browser and type www.gogpayslip.com
- If you have already registered for Government of Ghana E-Payslip account, then provide your details in the sign in section.
- The requirements for signing in are Employee number and password.
- To complete the captcha, enter the code shown.
- Verify the information provided and if everything is OK click on “Sign In.”
After logging in to your account, CAGD usually shows you a survey. Here is how it reads:
Dear GoG Employee,
You are receiving this invitation to take the survey because you are a GoG employee and use the system. We would like you to take this survey so we can provide a better experience using the system. This should take approximately 5 minutes. Thank you.
Sincerely, E-payslip Team.
This is always optional, and you have a button at the top-right of the page to opt-out.
If you wish to take part in the survey, select the options based on your experience about the E-Payslip system and submit your answers.
Here are some of the options for gogpayslip users:
- My Payslip
- Change of association
- Supplementary Payslip
- Change of Password
- Wrongful deductions
- My Affordability
- My E-Forms
- Change My Number
- My Staff Card
How To Change Your Association In GogPayslip
Controller and Accountant General’s Department has made it possible for government workers to change their associations on the E-payslip system.
This is good news since no one can be forced into an association.
For example, Teachers and Nurses who are wrongfully added to associations without their consent can exit those groups on the E-payslip system.
If you detect a wrongful deduction due to an association you have joined, and you wish to leave that group, follow these steps:
- Visit the website www.gogpayslip.com
- After signing in, click on Change of Association.
- You will see the available associations. Select the one you want to join or leave.
- Select send to complete the process.
Note: If you are new to the GoG system or you don’t have any association then this error message will be thrown at you when you select Change of Association:
You do not have a change of association form for the month.
Recommended Reading: Top 20 Richest countries In Africa According To GDP.
How To Check Your GoGPayslip
Follow these steps if you want to check your gogpayslip:
1. After visiting https://www.gogpayslip.com, sign in to your E-Payslip account.
2. Select “My Payslip.”
3. The system will automatically take you to your current payslip.
4. Select a month and year.
5. Click on “Generate.”
However, if you don’t have an active account, you will be sent to the current month but with an error message like:
No payslip for the selected month and year above. Try again with different month or year.
You can save or print a copy of your Payslip by selecting the save icon to save a copy or print icon to print a copy. These icons are located at the top-left side of each payslip.
Read Also: A Simple Guide To Change Your Gmail Password.
How to Report Wrongful Deductions Using the GogPayslip System
There are instances where the system will make a wrongful deduction to your account.
Use this platform to report all wrongful, unauthorized and over deductions.
Enter details below:
- Select 3rd party institution concerned. This can be the Bank, Association, or Insurance company making the deductions.
- Select Month and enter Year involved.
- Enter issue, problem or challenge. Describe your issue as thoroughly as possible.
- Enter the amount involved.
- Select “Click to Send” to report your issue to CAGD.
How To Request GoG Staff Card
This program introduces a highly secured card embedded with Chip and PIN and hosted on VISA and MasterCard platforms.
This will be issued to all employees on the Government of Ghana mechanized payroll bearing their Biometric and Payroll details.
For you to request a GoG Staff Card, you will need a passport picture with a white background, of a size not more than 3MB. Note that your picture has to be in jpg extension.
When you have all the requirements, click on “REQUEST” below and follow the instructions.
Change Your E-Payslip Phone Number
If you no longer want to use your current phone number, you can change it right in the GoG E-Payslip system. Just sign in to your account >> Select “Change My Number” >> Enter and confirm your new phone number.
How To Reset Your GoG E-Payslip Password
For those of you who have forgotten your password don’t worry. You can recover it by visiting the gogpayslip.com and selecting “forgot your password” next to the “Sign In” button.
After that, you will need to enter your E-Payslip employee number and either mobile number or email address you used for the registration.
After providing this information, click on “Submit” to reset your password. You will receive a new password in either the mobile number or email address you provided.
Login to your account with that but remember to change the password after you login.