If you found yourself reading this, it is because you are looking for how to access the GTBank transfer code for Nigeria, or you want to know how to use the service.
Be assured that you are at the right place and, therefore, take your time and read as we take you through the whole process of registering, activating, and actually using the GT Bank USSD code for making transactions on your phone.
At the end of this guide, you will be able to access GTBank USSD (short) code at your fingertips without hustle.
Reading this article, we give you details on the following
Open an Account
Reactivate Your Account
Airtime & Data Top-up
Check Account Details
Create a Transaction PIN
SKS Standing Instruction
37 Cashout Service
Bill Payment (LCC Toll)
Bill Payment (737 Checkout)
Make Bill Payment (Swift Network Subscription)
Bill Payment (Electricity Bills)
Make Bill Payment (StarTimes Subscription)
Withdraw Cash without your Debit Card
737 Fast Track Deposit
One Time Password (OTP)
You may or may not be an existing customer on the Guaranty Trust Bank. However, the case may be, we got you covered.
You can use the nice table of contents below to jump to any section of this guide.
In order not to leave behind anyone who is not signed up yet on the service, we will start with the basics and in a step-by-step way.
Read also: GTBank Internet Banking In Nigeria.
How To Open GTBank Account With The USSD Short Code
To be able to have full access to the GT Bank transfer code, you need to open an account.
Are you thinking of the stress you will need to endure to open an account at GTBank?
Hold your breath as the process is stress-free.
Before you open a GTBank account with the USSD code, all you need is your personal phone number(SIM CARD) and at least any working mobile phone (Android phone, iPhone, Windows phone, etc.)
To register, dial this code *737*0# and follow the on-screen instruction that will pop up on your phone.
After the process, you will receive an automated SMS containing your ten (10) digits GTBank Nigeria account number.
And voila!! You have your bank account ready with GT BANK.
Yes I know you are surprised, that’s it!! You have successfully registered for a GT Bank account through the USSD transfer code (*737#).
You don’t need to fill any form to open an account at any GT Bank branch.
With the GTBank EXPRESS OUTLETS, you can use your phone number as your account number yes, this sounds so cool right!
This is the power of the GTbank USSD code, as banking everywhere has become so easy with GTBank in Nigeria.
Recommended reading: How To Use The Ecobank USSD Code For Naija.
What Are The Advantages Of Using The GTBank USSD Transfer Code In Nigeria?
You now have a GTBank account without moving an inch from the comfort of your phone. Have you ever wondered what some benefits of having a GT Bank account are?
- You can visit the GT Bank for authentication anytime you want, as is just a one-time requirement.
- Also, and you can link your BVN(Bank Verification Number) to your account.
- Just as you experienced, you don’t fill out any form to open an account. It is just that simple.
- Are you thinking of your gains? This is good to take note as you will receive a whopping 3.90% interest annually from your Daily, Weekly, and Monthly savings.
This sounds good, right?
Check out this: Ultimate Guide To Xoom Money Transfer.
What Are The Features Of The Short Code (*737#)
The GT Bank shortcode offers the following features
- As you are already aware of from the above, you don’t need any mobile data or internet connection to open an account or to access the service.
- You can make up to 50,000N on deposit per each transaction.
- This account is limited to have a maximum account balance of 300,000N.
How To Reactivate Your GTBank Account Via The USSD Transfer Code.
Are you an already existing customer of GT Bank Nigeria, but due to some reasons, you abandoned or suspended your account?
If that if the case, don’t worry. This is all the procedure you will need to go through to have your GTBank account reactivated using the *737# shortcode.
NB: This guide will only work on the phone number you used in registering earlier with GT bank and your BANK VERIFICATION NUMBER (BVN).
Just follow these four (4) easy steps if you already have access to the phone number you used to register with the bank:
- On your phone number registered with GT BANK just dial (*737*11#)
- In the next step, input in your Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- If you remember your Account Officer Code, then enter it here put but can press 1 if you don’t know the code.
- Before your account is completely reactivated, you are required to make a transaction of at least one hundred Naira (100N). You can do so by simply buying airtime.
How To Buy Airtime or Internet Data On Your Phone Using The GTBank Airtime Transfer Code
With the GT Bank 737, you don’t need to walk miles to buy airtime or recharge cards for your phone.
To buy airtime on your phone, simply dial *737 *amount# and press send.
For example, if you want to buy 300N worth of airtime on your phone, this is the code to use: dial *737*300# and press send.
Your mobile number will be credited with 300 naira airtime.
Read this guide also: Polaris Internet Banking For Nigerians.
How To Buy Airtime For Another Person (Family & Friends) With The Short Code 737
Apart from loading your own airtime, you can also buy airtime for your family and friends at any time using the GTBank mobile banking code.
To transfer airtime to another person, all you need to do is dial *737*amount*recipients phone number# and press enter.
For example, if you want to transfer 300 naira airtime to 0801234567, you need to enter *737*300*0801234567# on your phone and press send.
In no time, your friend will receive the airtime.
What Are The Benefits Of Using The GTBank 737 To Buy Airtime
Using the GT bank 737 to buy airtime for yourself and friends, you enjoy the following advantages:
- You can access the service at any time of the day to purchase airtime.
- It is very fast and smooth, and within seconds the airtime arrives.
- You don’t need an internet connection to buy airtime with the GTBank transfer code.
Features Accessible When Buying Airtime With Your GT Bank Account
- The number you used to register for the service is the same number you will use to purchase the airtime.
- Currently, you can use the service to buy airtime for only subscribers of MTN, Airtel, Etisalat, and Glo.
- All transactions are deducted directly from your GT Bank account.
- You are entitled to a daily airtime purchase limit of 10,000N.
How To Transfer Money From Your Account To Another GTBank Account Number Using The USSD Short Code
Wondering how easy it is to transfer money from your account to another account of your friends and family.
At your fingertips and within seconds, you can quickly transfer money from your account to another person through the GT Bank mobile transfer code *737#.
Read below and follow the easy steps on how to transfer money from your GTBank account to another person within seconds.
- On your phone, dial * 737*1*amount*recipient’s 10 digit account number#.
- For example, if you enter *737 *1*700*0312456789#, it means you are sending 700 naira to the mobile number 03123456789.
- Press the send button.
- You will instantly receive a prompt on your phone screen, follow that to complete the process.
- You must enter your mobile banking PIN to authorize the transaction.
Alternatively, you can transfer money from your mobile banking account to another GT Bank account by dialing *737# and press send.
Then in the next step, you select option one (1) and press the send button again.
You then enter the amount you want to transfer and provide the recipient mobile number.
Lastly, you enter your PIN and confirm the transaction.
You may also like this: KCB Mobile Banking In Kenya.
How To Transfer Money From Your GTBank Account To Any Other Nigerian Bank Account Via The USSD Short Code
With your GT Bank account, you can quickly transfer money from your account to friends and family members who are not registered with the Guaranty trust bank.
You don’t need your friends to have a bank account with GT bank before you can send them money.
It is so simple you can send money to any Nigerian bank account using the GTBank transfer code *737#.
To do so follow the steps below:
- With your phone number registered with GTBank, dial * 737*2*amount*recipient’s account number# and press the send button.
- For example, dial *737*2*800*0312456789# to send 800 naira to the account number 03123456789.
- You will immediately receive a prompt on your phone follow it to complete the process
- More importantly, verify the recipient details.
- Enter your mobile banking password to authorize the transfer.
Advantages Of Transferring Money With The GTBank 737 Code
Undoubtedly, GT BANK 737 offers a lot of benefits when transferring money to others all in one place and in just a matter of seconds.
Some benefits are as follows
- It is the most simple way to send money to your family and friends
- You can transfer money using the *737# on a 24-hour basis. So you have access to your funds anytime you want.
- You can transfer to other banks in Nigeria.
What Are The Features Of Using The GT Bank 737 To Transfer Money
Transferring money using GT BANK 737, you will need to take note of the following features.
- Daily transaction limit of N1,000,000
- You will need the last four (4) digits of your Nigerian MasterCard(Debit card)
- You will need a mobile network signal on your phone before the service responds.
- For transactions above N100,000, you will need a one-time security code to proceed.
How To Check Your GTBank Account Balance
Checking your GT bank account balance is very simple and straight forward when using the USSD transfer code.
You can check your account balance anytime, anywhere, and to do this, all you need is your Nigerian Bank Verification Number (BVN) or your bank account number.
It is swift and convenient. Checking your account balance does not require you to fill any form. This service is available to you everywhere all the time.
To check your GTBank account balance simply follow the guide below:
1. On your phone number registered with GT bank, just dial *737*6*1#.
2. You will immediately receive a prompt on your phone follow it to complete the process of checking your GTBank account balance.
Read this also: List Of All Standard Bank Branches In South Africa.
How To Use The Short Code *737# To Create A PIN For Your GTBank Account
Due to security reasons, you will need to create a PIN for your GT Bank account. Customers are required to create a secured PIN for their bank account.
However, remember this PIN is not to be shared with anyone as it is what you will use to authenticate all your transactions.
It should be a 4-digit number that you can easily remember but extremely difficult for another person to guess.
Follow the steps below to set up your 4-digit PIN on your GT Bank account:
- On your phone registered with GT Bank, just dial *737*5#.
- You will be sent a prompt on your phone.
- Input the last six (6) digits of your Debit Card number.
- Create your secured four (4) digits pin for your account to complete the PIN creation process.
How To Withdraw Money From Your GTBank Account At Any Total Filling Station
Withdrawing money from your Guaranty Trust Bank account does not come with any stress any longer.
Why am I saying that?
You can walk to any nearby Total filling station and withdraw money from your account.
But how do you do that?
Just relax. It is as simple as ABC.
You can follow the steps below to withdraw money from your account at any Total filling station.
- On your phone registered with GT bank dial *737*50*Amount*50#. For example, dial *737*50*5000*50# and press the send button.
- Next, enter the unique station code. Ask for the unique station code from the representative there.
- You need to enter your GTBank transfer PIN or the last four (4) digits of your Debit card. This is very important for authorization of the transaction.
- Immediately Total station receives the money, it will be deducted from your account.
- An automated SMS will be sent to you and Total station immediately.
And that is how easy it is to withdraw money from a nearby Total Filling Station in Nigeria.
How To Pay Your LEKKI Concession Company (LCC) Toll Using GTBank Mobile Banking
Are you under stress anytime you want to top-up your LCC Toll account? Worry no more.
It is now stress-free using the GT bank account to top up your LCC Toll anytime and in the comfort of your phone.
You don’t need to walk miles to make a top-up. By just dialing the GT bank money transfer code (*737), you are almost done making payments.
The following steps below are all you need to Top-up your LCC Toll account.
- On your phone registered with GT bank, simply dial the shortcode *737*50*Amount*108#, then you press enter.
- For example, if you want to make a payment of 700 naira then you need to dial this shortcode: *737*50*700*108# and press the send button.
- The next thing to do is to input your Entity Tag(E-TAG) code to complete the payment process.
- You will instantly receive a message containing the amount in your LCC Toll account.
How To Make Payments At Merchant Stores Using The GTBank Transfer Code For Nigeria
The GT Bank code 737 is your walking wallets. You don’t need to pack in your pockets a lot of cash when going out for shopping or buying in stores.
As easy as it is you can make payments at any store after purchases with your GT mobile banking account.
If you want to know how to make payment for your purchases in stores using the GTbank money transfer code 737 just follow the procedure below:
- After you make purchases at merchant stores, simply dial this code *737*35*Amount*Merchant Code#.
- For example, if you want to pay 1100 naira at a store with a merchant code 124, you need to dial this code: *737*35*1100*124#.
- Note that you will need the merchant code to make the payment.
- Kindly ask the store for their GTBank merchant code before making payments.
How To Make Your SWIFT Network Subscription Using The GTBank Shortcode *737#
Have you subscribed to any swift network plan and does not want to be cut off? With GT bank 737, you can pay your swift subscriptions instantly anytime all day.
Keep reading as I give you steps on how to pay your Swift network subscription using the GTBank SWIFT transfer code.
Dial the shortcode *737*50*Amount*4#.
Meaning if you are subscribing 3800 naira to a SWIFT network you need to dial this swift code: *737*50*3800*4#
The process of making a subscription is quick, easy, and very reliable.
What is more, GTbank promises to add more services very soon.
How To Pay Your Electricity Bills Using The GTBank USSD Transfer Code 737
With GT bank 737 you don’t need to experience power cut anymore, you can conveniently pay your electricity bills by following the steps below
Make sure you have your Electricity Meter Number
Dial the following area codes below:
- Port Harcourt Prepaid: *737*50*Amount*95#
- Port Harcourt Postpaid: *737*50*Amount*96#
- Eko Prepaid: *737*50*Amount*151#
- Eko Postpaid: *737*50*Amount*152#
- Ibadan Prepaid: *737*50*Amount*137#
- Kano Prepaid: *737*50*Amount*93#
- Kano Postpaid: *737*50*Amount*94#
The money is deducted immediately after completing the process
How To Pay Your StarTimes TV Subscription Using The GTBank Transfer Code
Pay Tv has now become one of the domestic needs in the house that no family can abandon. As people use to go and queue up at subscription vendors, this is no longer the case after the introduction of the GT bank 737 money transfer code.
You can pay easily, and within 5 minutes, your subscription is active, and your viewing is restored. You can pay all available bouquet
Follow this simple guide to pay for your favorite StarTimes bouquet using your GTBank account on your mobile phone:
- Make sure you have your Decoder number
- Dial *737*37*Amount*Decoder Number# and press the send button.
- For example, if you are making 2700 naira subscription to the decoder number 00523456789, then this is the code to use: *737*37*2500*00523456789#
How To Borrow Airtime With Your GT Mobile Bank Account
It is always annoying when your airtime finishes in the middle of an important conversation. Well, if you are a GT bank salary account holder, then worry no more. With GT bank Advance Airtime, you can top-up airtime up to a maximum of N5,000 and pay at the end of the month.
To borrow airtime using GT Bank 737 do the following:
1. Dial *737*8*1#
2. From the on-screen prompt.
3. Input in the last your 4digits GT bank MasterCard to authenticate your request.
How To Borrow Money
Are you a pre-qualified GT bank account holder, sit back for this good news. Are you in need of urgent money?
Don’t worry, even when your salary is not yet paid to you.
With the GT bank 737 shortcodes, you can borrow money up to half of your salary and pay at the end of the month.
Sounds good, right?
To borrow money with your GTBank account, just dial *737*8*2# for instant access.
How To Withdraw Money From Your GT Bank Account Using The Mobile Money Code
Withdrawing money from your GT bank 737 is so easy as you can do it even without using your Debit Card.
- Dial *737*3*Amount#.
- From the on-screen prompt, follow and complete the process to generate a withdrawal code. Authenticate the process with your GT bank 737 PIN.
- Enter the generated withdrawal code into any nearby GT BANK ATM MACHINE and receive your cash instantly.
Making Deposit Using The GTBank 737 Shortcode In Nigeria
You can instantly make a deposit using your GT bank 737 at the banking hall without filling out any cash deposit form.
Using the number registered with the bank, dial the GTBank transfer code *737*48*Amount*Account Number#.
For example, *737*48*9,000*0123456789#.
How To Check Your GTBank Account Status
Do you want to check your account balance, Bank verification number(BVN), Card status, or checkbook?.
You have it in a second simply dial *737*6# like these:
- Dial (*737*6*1#) for Account balances, BVN & Account Number
- Loan balances for (*737*6*2#)
- Dial (*737*6*3#) for Card status
- Dial (*737*6*4#) for Cheque book status
So you know the GTBank transfer code for Nigeria and how to register and use it for your transactions.