I know you are here either because of KCB mobile banking app or more information on how to create and activate the internet bank account. We will teach you more than that. You will learn about how to send and receive money with your KCB online banking account, withdrawing cash from M-PESA, as well as paying utility on your mobile with or without internet access.
I am sure you have had about Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) many times. This is through the adverts show on various platforms.
Recently, KCB has been in the spotlight for trying to acquire assets from Mumias Sugar Company. This is just one amongst the various assets they own in the country.
READ ALSO: Ecobank Omni Internet Banking.
How Did Kenya Commercial Bank Bank Start?
Apart from the news and adverts you see, do you know how the bank came to be?
Well, in this guide, we provide a summary of how the bank started.
The history of the bank dates back to July 1986. This is the year KCB Group, which is the parent company, was established.
It became a significant branch of the National Bank of India and was located in Mombasa.
However, in 1958, Grindlays Bank merged with the National Bank of India to form the National and Grindlays Bank.
When Kenya got independence, the government acquired 60 percent of shares to bring the institution closer to its citizens.
Later in 1970, the government became the owner of the bank and changed the name to Kenya Commercial Bank Group.
So the question of who is the owner of KCB bank is no longer an issue.
Check out this: Standard Bank Branches In South Africa.
What Are The Requirements For Opening A KCB Mobile Bank Account?
Registering for the KCB mobile bank account require that you meet certain criteria.
To open a KCB account, you need to have met the following guidelines.
You need to have an original copy of the national ID card.
There is also a need for a Kenya Revenue Authority PIN.
How To Register For KCB Mobile Banking Account
Registering is a simple process that will take only a few minutes, and you are done. However, if you have a Kenya Commercial Bank account, then I would recommend visiting the nearest branch to register.
On the other hand, if you do not have an account but still want to use the service, here are some of the things to do.
How To Open A KCB M-BENKI Account On Your Mobile Phone Via M-PESA
To begin with, locate the SIM Card icon on your mobile phone and open it.
- Go to your M-PESA account and select “Lipa na M-PESA”.
- Once you have click on the button, it will take you to a page with two options. That is Pay Bill and Buy Goods and Services.
- Select the Pay Bill button where you will type the business No 522522.
- Afterward, press OK.
- In the next step, you will be required to enter an account number.
- Under the account number, type your ID number. Ensure you start with the initials ID before entering the number. For example, ID 24336445.
- Next, enter your M-PESA PIN and click on OK.
- All the data you provided will be displayed in the next window. Confirm the details and click on OK.
- After completing this task, you will receive a confirmation SMS, which contains a one-time PIN. The pin should be changed to a Four Digit PIN immediately.
Once you receive your one-time mobile baking PIN, dial *522# to start the activation process.
You may also download the KCB mobile App to activate your account and begin transactions.
Recommended reading: Checking Your Payslip With GoGPayslip.
How To Download And Activate KCB Mobile App?
These are the relevant steps you need to follow should you need to activate your KCB mobile banking via the app:
- Go to the App Store and search for KCB.
- Select KCB to open.
- Make sure it is the official app fro the Kenya Commercial Bank.
- Click install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Go to your applications and open the KCB app.
- To activate, enter the mobile number that you used when registering for the KCB bank account.
- After entering your number, click on Activate.
- Wait a few more seconds for your mobile number to be validated.
- When you are successfully validated, enter your *522# PIN.
After that, you are good to go.
Read this guide: KCB Kenya Internet Banking Guide.
How To Activate Your KCB Mobile Banking Account
To activate your mobile banking, you need to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Go to the Play Store or App Store and search for KCB mobile app.
Step 2: Download the app, and after that, install it on your phone.
Step 3: After installing the app and open it.
Step4: Enter your number, which was used when opening the account. Then press continue.
Step 5: The last step will be entering your *522# Pin, and the account will be up and running.
How Can I Access My KCB Account Online?
Well, you can log in to your KCB mobile Banking account with ease to access all the transactions in one place.
After you have activated the KCB account, you need to log in to access the report and other relevant information.
Therefore, login in using your user ID and then enter the password. This should be your secrete and do not share it with anyone.
Check out; Top 5-Star Hotels In Kenya.
What Are The Charges For Mobile Banking?
I know you are very much aware that using any mobile or internet banking services comes with its own charges.
Some of these are transaction costs that you bear while others are operational charges.
These are some of the charges you need to know when you subscribe to the KCB mobile and internet banking system:
- There are fees that you will incur when using the services.
- When inquiring about the account balance, you will be charged 30 Kenyan shillings.
- When requesting for a mini statement, the charges will be Ksh 30.
- Transferring money from the KCB account to our M-PESA you will be charged 55 Kenyan shillings.
- When using the USSD on the phone, Safaricom subscribers will have to pay 2 Kenyan shillings.
- The Forex rates and airtime purchases are free.
What Is KCB Mobi And How Can You Use It?
KCB Mobi refers to a platform that enables you to operate your bank account using your phone rather than visiting the bank.
Hence you can use it in various ways and anytime. The services that the app helps with are:
- Seeking mobile loans, this can be a one, three, six, nine, or twelve-month loan.
- Transferring funds can be from one account to the other, from your account to the phone, or from one bank to the other.
- Paying bills such as Zuku, KPLC among others.
- Check the account balance.
- Purchase airtime.
- Withdraw cash.
Related article: How KCB M-Pesa Works.
What Are The Features Of The KCB Mobile App
The features of the KCB mobile app include the following:
1. A currency converter.
2. It also contains a budget tracker.
3. The app includes Forex Rates.
4. The app also has a loan calculator.
5. It shows the various products that the company has, and you can request information about them.
6. It also showcases the properties that are under the bank’s name.
7. It contains news feeds from sports, lifestyle, business among others.
How To Activate The KCB App On Apple iOS Devices
Activating the KCB mobile app on Apple iOS is the next step you need to undertake immediately after installing the app.
If you want to activate the KCB mobile banking app on Apple iOS, then follow the basic steps below:
- You need to enable the internet connection on your device.
- Then go to the App Store and search for KCB mobile App.
- Download and install the app on the device.
- Lastly, you need to activate the app. This is done by using your phone number and current pin.
The PIN is the secret number that was sent to you via SMS and which you changed.
This means that you can use the new PIN after you have reset the one-time PIN sent to you.
How To Activate The App On Android Phones
You need to have an internet connection on your phone or device on which you wish to use the KCB mobile app.
Then click the Google play store app and search for KCB App.
Ensure you download and install the app.
Finally, you need to activate the app using your phone number and pin.
How To Withdraw Money From KCB Mobile Banking To M-PESA
To withdraw money from your KCB mobile bank account, you must have an active account and enough money in your account balance.
If you have this, then you can go ahead with the withdrawal process.
Follow these simple steps to withdraw money from the KCB mobile banking account to M-PESA:
- You should dial the USSD *522#.
- Then afterward enter the KCB Mobile Banking PIN.
- The next option is to select “Send to M-PESA.”
- Then choose if you want to send cash to your ‘”Own Number” or to “Another Number.”
- Choose the ‘Savings’ and input the phone number you wish to transfer the cash to.
- Lastly, enter the amount you want to send to the M-PESA account and confirm.
How To Check KCB Account Balance Online
To check your KCB account balance, you will need a request for a mini statement. You can as well dial *522# on your phone, which makes it easy for you to see the balance.
How To Get A Mobi PIN
To reset your KCB Mobile banking PIN follow the steps below:
1. Go to a KCB ATM and then insert the debit card.
2. Then afterward input the ATM pin and select Mobi
3. Afterward, you are to input your phone number and then click the OK button.
4. You will then get a one-time pin that has 48 hours before expiring.
Hence, you will need to change the pin within the time frame.
How To Change KCB Mobi PIN
The process of changing the KCB mobile banking PIN is very simple. Just follow the steps below:
- To change the pin, you need to log in.
- The go-to the menu and select “Cards” and click on the button ‘Change PIN.’
- You will need to enter the previous pin and then input the four-digit pin.
- Then confirm and select the update button.
You have successfully changed your KCB Mobi PIN.
How To Unblock/Reset KCB Mobi PIN
There are instances where you may forget your mobile PIN or maybe it was blocked for one reason or the other. Chances are that you can unblock your KCB mobile banking PIN.
If your KCB Mobi PIN blocked and you want to reset or unblock it, then follow these steps:
- You need to visit a nearby KCB ATM.
- Just insert your KCB debit card.
- Next, you must enter your ATM PIN.
- Select Mobi at the next prompt.
- Enter the phone number you registered with the KCB account.
- Lastly, KCB will send a one-time PIN which must be changed within the next 48 hours.
When everything is completed, congratulations, you have successfully changed or unblocked your KCB mobile banking PIN.
How To Transfer Money Using The KCB Mobile Banking
The main objective for many KCB mobile account users is to be able to send or receive money to and from their accounts. To transfer money from your KCB mobile account, do the following:
Take your phone and head to the M-PESA menu.
Then you are to click the Lipa na M-PESA button.
The Pay Bill number input is 522522.
Next, enter the KCB account number you are to send cash to.
Then lastly input the amount and M-PESA PIN.
Press the OK or enter button, and the transaction is complete.
How To Top Up Airtime Using The KCB Mobile Banking
Another useful service offered by KCB is to top up airtime using a USSD code.
To buy airtime with your KCB account follow these steps:
- You have to dial the USSD *522#.
- Then select the Airtime option.
- This gives you two choices to buy for your number or another phone number.
- Select your phone if the self or another phone to send to.
How To Contact Kenya Commercial Bank Online Banking Customer Care
The Kenya Commercial bank (KCB) offers 24/7 customer service, and you can reach them through their social media accounts here:
Facebook: KCB Bank Group.
The Kenya Commercial Bank Twitter account is @Kcbgroup.
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Nana Abrokwa
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/kcb-mobile-banking-online-app/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2022, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for May 2022, check them:
- How To Login to Your Pentecost University Student Portal, Login With Ease
- How To Start A Shop In Nairobi, Establish A Lucrative Shop
- How To Start A Retail Business In Uganda, Put Up A Profitable Retail Business
- How To Start A Furniture Business In Nairobi, Make Money From Furniture
- How To Start A Breakfast Business In Ghana, Create A Reputable Breakfast Joint
- How To Start A Small Construction Business In Uganda, Make A Profitable Construction Business
- How To Start A Toiletries Business In Ghana , Grow Your Toiletries Business
- How To Start A Profitable Export Business In Ghana , Make Money From Exportation
- How To Start A Movie Shop In Nairobi, Build A Vibrant Movie Shop
- How To Start A Beauty Shop In Nairobi, Create A Profitable Beauty Shop