You will agree with me that MTN is the largest telecommunication network in Ghana and most part of Africa. As a leader in the industry, it offers so many excellent packages as well as decent customer service. In this post, I will walk you through how to buy data on MTN. You will learn some of the bundle codes and shortcodes to use for purchasing internet bundles for browsing.
Without wasting much time, let’s go straight to business.
Recommended reading: Complete List Of Visa-free Countries For Ghana.
Steps To Buying Data On MTN
Dial *138# and press send
Now you will see a welcome message that read:
Welcome to MTN Packs, Please select your pack.
1. Internet Packs
2. SMS Packs
3. IDD Packs
4. Super Saver Packs
5. Consent for MA data browsing.
Now since you want to buy data, continue with the option 1.
Select Internet Packs and press send.
Now, another dialogue box will open, which reads like:
Please select your package
- Video Pack
- Check balance
Select 99 to get to the next page.
Find out the Current Treasury Bill Interest Rate In Ghana.
For Those Who Want To Buy MTN Daily Internet Data Bundle
Select the first option (1).
The available daily internet bundles are:
1. GHS 0.5 which will give you 25MB of data.
2. GHS 1 for 50MB of internet data.
3. GHS 2 will give you 120MB of internet data.
4. With GHS 3 you will get 500MB of data.
If you don’t want to continue and you want to go back to the previous menu, press 0.
If you are satisfied with the option you have selected, tap on the send button to buy your MTN daily internet bundle.
A command prompt will appear on the screen asking you to confirm your purchase of the selected internet data, which is valid for 24 hours.
If you still want to go ahead and buy the internet data, press 1 to confirm. However, if you don’t want to buy the data bundle, select 9 to cancel.
For those of you want to get to the daily bundle straight from the onset, you can dial *138*1*1#, and it will take you to the daily bundle options.
That is it for those who want to buy internet data on MTN for daily use.
How To Buy MTN Weekly Internet Data Bundle
You can follow the steps outlined above and choose 2 or dial *138*1*2#
You will see a prompt like this:
Select your Weekly Internet pack
1. GHS 1 for 25MB
2. GHS 2 for 60MB
3. GHS 3 for 180MB
4. GHS 5 for 300MB
5. GHS 10 for 1000MB
By this time you should know your data consumption for a week. Go ahead and select the internet bundle that will suit your need.
After selecting the right option for you, press send.
If you don’t want to go through all the process mentioned above, you can dial the shortcode that will take you to your desired option.
For example, if you want to buy GHS 1 for a week, you have to dial *138*1*2*1#.
Whichever approach you use, you will finally come to a dialogue box asking you to confirm your purchase of the weekly data.
Select 1 to continue purchasing the internet bundle for 7 days else select 9 to cancel.
Check out the List Of The Best Real Estate Companies In Ghana.
Monthly Internet Data Bundle
To subscribe to the MTN monthly data bundle, you either need to follow the guide closely from the beginning or dial *138*1*3#.
Select your Monthly Internet pack:
1. GHS 10 which will give you 400MB for 30 days.
2. With GHS 20 you will get 1GB for 30 days.
3. GHS 40 will give you 2.5GB for 30 days.
4. With GHS 60 you will get 4GB for 45 days.
If you consume more than 4GB of data in a month, then select 99 for more options.
5. GHS 80 for 6GB which will also last for 45 days.
6. GHS 120 will give you 10GB also for 45 days.
7. GHS 150 for 15GB of internet data for 30 days.
8. GHS 199 for 20GB of data for 30 days.
9. GHS 289 will give you 50GB of data for 30 days.
Once again, select 99 if you want to get more monthly internet data bundle.
10. GHS 300 for 100GB for a month.
11. GHS 349 will give 150GB for 30 days.
12. Finally, if you buy the GHS 399 package, you will get 200GB of internet data to browse almost unlimited for the whole month.