In today’s guide, we will briefly discuss IRS Code 971.
The IRS has changed the format to protect taxpayers from identity thieves who might use tax transcripts to file bogus tax returns or steal your personal information.
A tax transcript has different codes indicating different things.
What Is IRS Code 971
IRS code 971 indicates that an individual is eligible for an unemployment tax refund and specifies the return amount.
This means that you will receive an unemployment tax refund, and the amount will be paid to you through a cheque, direct deposit, or mail.
If you want to check if you are liable for the unemployment tax refund, visit the IRS website and log in using your details.
Examine your tax transcript account and check if code 971 appears on your tax transcript.
IRS Code 971
To check IRS Code 971, you will need an internet-connected mobile phone or computer.
Please visit https://www.irs.gov/ and log in.
If you are a first-time user, you need to create an account first.
To create an account, click the open account button and fill in your full name, email address, date of birth, social security number (SSN), individual tax identification number (ITN), tax filing status, and current address.
Ensure that you enter the correct information about yourself, as the IRS will verify your address.
After that, click on submit and check the status of the refund.
How To Get IRS Transcript Online
Follow the steps below to et your IRS transcript online:
- To get your transcripts online, go to the IRS transcript toll page and choose ‘Get My Transcript Online.’
- After that, fill in the non-social filers’ security number, email address, filing status, account numbers in your name, and mobile phone number.
- Click continue, and you will receive your transcripts.
This is how to get a Code 971 transcript online.
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Nana Abrokwa
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-971/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2022, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for May 2022, check them:
- Bereal App Download, Install Bereal App On Your Phone
- How To Unfriend Someone On Bereal, Unfollow On Bereal
- Is Bereal Down, No, But, Here Is A Fix
- How To Post on Bereal Late, Post Later On Bereal
- Bereal Screenshot, Take A Screenshot On Bereal
- How To Take A Bereal, Follow These Steps
- What Is A Bereal App, Find Out How It Works
- How Does Bereal Work, Get Full Details Below
- How To Post A Bereal, Step-By-Step Guide
- Does GNC accept SNAP, Get Details About GNC EBT Payment