Even though the makeup business forms part of a saturated industry but the higher demand for makeup by many people has created more room for new investors. Therefore this article is going to serve as a guide to our readers on how to start a makeup business in South Africa.
So, we entreat you to keep reading because the information needed to help set up your makeup business in South Africa is detailedly discussed in this guide.
The makeup business operates in two types which are:
1. Makeup Artist Business: this is a makeup business that uses cosmetic techniques and procedures to enhance a person’s appearance by adding more color, hiding or smoothing out flaws
2. Makeup Distributor Business: this type of makeup business serves as a retailer or wholesaler of makeup products to end-users
There are several instances where investors combine the two types of makeup business and operate as one.
The business distributes makeup products and at the same time has experts who provide the services of a makeup artist.
The chapters that follow are the needed information you’ve been seeking on how to start a makeup business in South Africa.
What You Need To Start A Makeup Business In South Africa
The following are some of the basic requirements that have to be met before commencing your makeup business in South Africa:
1. Business Knowledge Acquisition: operating a makeup business like the makeup artist business requires the skill and techniques in applying makeup on the human body to enhance the physical looks
2. Business Plan: your business plan for your makeup business will form the foundation that your business will be built on. Therefore much attention has to be denoted at this stage.
Your business plan must cover every element that forms part of your makeup business to help cut down the rising of challenges in times of implementing your business plan, operating, and managing your makeup business.
3. Market Research: conduct comprehensive research into the makeup business in South Africa. Your research must cover every aspect of your makeup business from pricing, available target markets, inventory, best locations for the makeup business, and many others
4. Target Market: among the available target market presented to you after your successful market research, choose a target market that has a higher marketing potential to help sustain and keep your makeup business running
5. Location: choose a business location that is easy to locate, accessible, and visible by customers and potential customers from many angles.
Your choice of target market determines where you’ll choose to set up your makeup business.
Choosing university students as your target market will require you to choose a location near university campuses and hostels.
6. Leasing Shop: at the chosen location to set up your makeup business in South Africa, find a leasing shop that is spacious enough to run a makeup business.
Kindly contact the shop owner to negotiate on renting the shop, and upon agreeing on a leasing cost, make a deposit equivalent to the agreed leasing cost into the shop owner’s account to help attain the documents that will stand as proof of legally acquiring the shop.
7. Business Name: choose a catchy and easy to memorize name for your make business, an easy to memorize business name will make customers find it easy to locate you when they need your services and in times of recommending your make business to friends and families
8. Business Registration: register your makeup business with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) to help attain the documents required of you to operate a legal makeup business in South Africa Register with the South African Revenue Service for taxation
9. Business Insurance: contact a trusted insurance company with good business insurance policies that has the capabilities of covering up the losses your makeup business faces in times of disaster or misfortune
10. Inventory: choose quality but affordable inventory that meets the demand of your chosen target market
11. Supplier: find a makeup inventory supplier who is going to stay reliable to your makeup business by helping your business never to run out of makeup products, tools, and materials
12. Employ: it is always advisable to start small as a starter in the makeup business and operate the business by yourself. This will help you understand the dos and don’ts of the makeup business, and as profit starts soaring higher, you can expand and employ more experts in the makeup business field
13. Advertisement: words by mouth, business cards, social media, and business fliers are some of the efficient and affordable business advertising platforms you can choose to sell your makeup business to the South African public
How Much Does It Cost To Start A Makeup Business In South Africa
The cost involved in setting up a makeup business in South Africa differs depending on the kind of makeup business you intend to operate or operating together with the two types of makeup business.
Averagely, a startup capital that ranges between R30,000 – 300,000 is required to establish a makeup business in South Africa.
Is The Makeup Business Profitable In South Africa
The makeup business is only profitable when the right target market, business location, and other factors are well handled, and a makeup business can yield about 40 – 80% on invested capital within 6 – 12 months of business operation.
Best Places To Start A Makeup Business In South Africa
The list below are some of the best places to set up a makeup business in South Africa:
2. Places with higher foot and vehicular traffic
3. Along main roads
4. Business centers
How To Make A Makeup Business Successful In South Africa
The following are some of the factors to consider to help operate a successful makeup business in South Africa:
1. Offering the two types of makeup business services in one will help attract many customers
2. Host makeup and skincare clinic services
3. Getting involved in photoshoots with local and national magazines will help sell your makeup business to the South African public
4. Don’t settle for setbacks. Always find the cause of your challenges and strategize solutions to help make a fair share out of the competitive Market of the makeup business
Challenges In The Makeup Industry
Below are some of the challenges facing the makeup business in South Africa:
1. Challenges in attracting and maintaining top-notch makeup artist
2. The makeup business forms part of a saturated cosmetic industry making the business face a lot of challenges in its operations
3. Challenges in finding the right price range for your makeup business services
Benefits Of Setting Up This Enterprise
The following are some of the benefits gained from the makeup business in South Africa:
1. The makeup business generates income for the government through taxation
2. Job creation
3. Makeup business owners and employees benefit from the overwhelming financial profit that comes with the business
4. Has improved and sustained the cosmetics industry
5. Has improved and sustained the fashion industry
6. Help enhance the beauty of one’s physical looks
That is all the information we can provide on how to start a makeup business in South Africa.
Here is the list of our recommended articles:
Business With No Capital, Lipgloss, Locksmith, Mining, Nail, Night Club, Number Plate, Nursery Planting, Renovation, Retail Business, School Uniform, Scrapyard, Tyre Business, Upholstery, Vegetable Farm, Vending Machine, Virtual Assistant, Trucking Business, Truck Business, Tender Business, Taxify, Cleaning Business, Distribution Business, Fruit And Vegetable, Landscaping Business.
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Nana Abrokwa
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/how-to-start-a-makeup-business-in-south-africa/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2021, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for March 2021, check them:
- How Does MTN MoMopay Work In Ghana – MTN MoMopay
- Find The Limit For MTN Mobile Money In Ghana Here – MoMo Transfer Limit
- How To Start A Shoe Business In South Africa – Business Guide
- How To Start A Spice Business In South Africa – Quick Business Guide
- How To Start A Student Accommodation Business In South Africa
- How To Start Supply Business In South Africa – Read This Business Guide
- How To Start Taxify Business In South Africa – Simple Business Ideas
- How To Start Tender Business In South Africa – Business Ideas
- How To Start A Truck Business In South Africa – Great Business Tips
- How To Start A Virtual Assistant Business In South Africa