You don’t get the same amount of units or tokens. The latter has led to the question how many KPLC units for 100.
Many Kenyans are yet to understand even if you buy tokens using the same amount of money.
In this blog post, I will enlighten you on what factors are considered when buying the token and help you understand the KPLC units you can get with 100.
Two factors determine the amount of KPLC units you get with 100. First, your tariff, and second is when you buy the token.
How many KPLC units for 100
KPLC has categorized its customers under different tariffs, and this determines the number of tokens you get because the prices are different.
Local consumers whose monthly consumption exceeds 100 units are charged Ksh 10 per kWh in this category.
If you use more than 100 units per month but less than 15,000 units per month, you will be charged flat energy prices of Ksh 15.8 per kWh.
The small consumer 1 tariff is for small businesses that fall into this category and use between 0 and 100 units of electricity per month.
This type of customer is charged Ksh 10 per kWh for electricity.
Lastly, this tariff applies to small businesses whose consumption is more significant than 101 but less than 15000 units per month.
The energy rate for this type of consumer gets charged at Ksh 15.6 per kWh.
In simple terms, this means that domestic consumers who use less than 100 units of electricity per month are covered by the Domestic Lifeline and are sold an energy unit at Ksh 10.
This also means that a consumer in the Domestic Lifeline category will pay Ksh 100 for 6.5 kWh.
A consumer in the Ordinary Domestic category, on the other hand, will purchase 4.5 kWh for the same Ksh 100.
The time you buy the tokens
The other factor which determines how many KPLC units for 100 is when you purchase the units.
The prices of tokens differ at different times of the month.
At the start of the month 1st and 8th of the month, KPLC costs only KSh 18.80/KWHr, followed by between the 8th and 14th at KSh 22.12, the 15th and 21st at KSh 22.12, and finally Payment 4 (between the 22nd and 31st at KSh 22.12.
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Nana Abrokwa
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/how-many-kplc-units-for-100-kenya-power-unit-guide/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2022, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for May 2022, check them:
- How To Login to Your Pentecost University Student Portal, Login With Ease
- How To Start A Shop In Nairobi, Establish A Lucrative Shop
- How To Start A Retail Business In Uganda, Put Up A Profitable Retail Business
- How To Start A Furniture Business In Nairobi, Make Money From Furniture
- How To Start A Breakfast Business In Ghana, Create A Reputable Breakfast Joint
- How To Start A Small Construction Business In Uganda, Make A Profitable Construction Business
- How To Start A Toiletries Business In Ghana , Grow Your Toiletries Business
- How To Start A Profitable Export Business In Ghana , Make Money From Exportation
- How To Start A Movie Shop In Nairobi, Build A Vibrant Movie Shop
- How To Start A Beauty Shop In Nairobi, Create A Profitable Beauty Shop