A Patent is a right granted for any invention. It is important because it gives an individual the right to prevent others from using or duplicating your product. This cushions you from undue competition from others who may use the same product. You can also make a legal claim against someone who may sell your invention without permission. In this article, we will talk about patent registration in Kenya .
Requirements for patent registration in Kenya
- An abstract that gives a summary of inventions application
- Form IP3
- Drawings where applicable
- A description of your invention with at least one application
- Claims defining why you want to protect your invention
Application fee For patent registration in Kenya
This process accepts cash only
Application fee of Kshs 1000. This caters for provisional specifications.
Kshs. 3000 for the final specification
The foreign application fee is Kshs. 4000 for a provisional application while final specification costs Kshs 12,900
Annual fees are payable from Kshs.2000 during the second year to Kshs.50000 in the 20th year.
How long does a patent protection last?
In most cases, patent protection is granted for a limited period, usually 20 years from the date of application.
What rights does a patent provide?
Patents grant investors the right to exclude others from
What are the types of patents in Kenya?
There are three types of patents, namely, utility, plant, and design patents.https://www.kipi.go.ke/index.php/how-to-apply-for-a-patent
For more information, vist: https://www.kipi.go.ke/index.php/how-to-apply-for-a-patent
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Editorial Team
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/patent-registration-in-kenya/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2022, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for May 2022, check them:
- Bereal App Download, Install Bereal App On Your Phone
- How To Unfriend Someone On Bereal, Unfollow On Bereal
- Is Bereal Down, No, But, Here Is A Fix
- How To Post on Bereal Late, Post Later On Bereal
- Bereal Screenshot, Take A Screenshot On Bereal
- How To Take A Bereal, Follow These Steps
- What Is A Bereal App, Find Out How It Works
- How Does Bereal Work, Get Full Details Below
- How To Post A Bereal, Step-By-Step Guide
- Does GNC accept SNAP, Get Details About GNC EBT Payment