To start any business requires a lot of effort and capital, depending on the type of business. The cleaning business in Nairobi is very profitable but requires one who has skills and is efficient in working. It can be done part-time or as an extra job. Here is a look at how to go about it;
How much money do I need to start a cleaning business in Nairobi?
When approximating how much money you will need to start a cleaning business, put into account the costs of the business permit, the rent if you are going to rent one, the cost of the equipment, insurance fee, marketing and advertising costs, and the employees’ wages. With this, you will need around 20,000 to 25,000 Kenya shillings.
Tips to starting a cleaning business
- If possible, go for cleaning training as many people prefer trained professional cleaners.
- Purchase the needed cleaning materials to be able to offer quality service.
- Employ other smart people to help you with the business.
- Last but not least, set your payment rates and charges.
- Market your cleaning business. You can also use online platforms for advertising your business, such as Facebook, Twitter, or even WhatsApp.
- Have a budget on how much money you are willing to spend.
- Do not forget to register your company or Business name. This will allow your business to not only run smoothly but also be trusted by others.
How do I charge for cleaning services?
Once you are ready to start the cleaning business, you need to set the rates. There are different ways to determine the cost of cleaning the houses, which include the following;
- Size of the house-Depending on how large or small the building is, the cost can vary.
- The Location-If it’s far, then one has to consider the cost of travel to the house destination.
Some of the things you will clean in a house include;
- The carpet
- The sofa
- Mattress cleaning
Is it worth starting a cleaning business?
A cleaning business is worth it because of the low startup costs that you will need. You do not even need to buy or rent a space. As long as you have the training and the right equipment, you are ready to start.
The cleaning business is also great as you do not have to work all day long. Just a few hours of cleaning, either on weekends or evenings, and you are done. The cleaning business earns a good amount of money as long as the work is well done and you have good advertising skills.