Could you be a Dstv subscriber seeking knowledge on how to check your Dstv smart card number!
It is essential as a regular subscriber always to keep or know your smart card number.
The Dstv smart card number accompanying your decoder serves several purposes, which we will highlight in a moment.
Previously, it was a walk in the park to find.
With the knowledge, it is still accessible, but of late, the latest Dstv decoders come with inbuilt intelligent cards, making it slightly tricky for many customers to find them.
If you are one of these many customers facing this challenge, we got your back.
The end objective of this Dstv guide is to help you know the Dstv smart card’s functions and how to check it.
Without a further due, let us check out the importance of the smart card.
Features And Functions Of The DSTv IUC Number
The Dstv intelligent cards are in two forms, removal, and non-removable smart card.
What does this imply?
Previously all Dstv decoders had removable intelligent cards, which meant you could insert and remove them when the need arises.
The non-removable smart card is embedded in the decoder. Therefore, you cannot remove it, but you can access the card number.
The smart card plays a major role in ensuring that your subscription status is permanently active.
It also endorses all communication between the server and your decoder; that is, it carries encryption keys used to decrypt your channels.
Enlisted are some of the essential functions of the Dstv smart card:
- Activates your decoder to decode locked channels.
- With the absence of a smart card, you cannot watch any channel.
- It is the subscribers’ identity number at the customer care center.
- It is used for the subscription to any packages you want.
Follow on to find out how to check your smartcard number.
Steps To Check Your DStv Decoder Smart Card Number
It does not take any effort to check your Dstv card/IUC number, and it requires less than a minute to know your card number.
Note that for you to pay for your Dstv, you must first get your thoughtful card number. Therefore it is crucial to know your smart card number.
Your smart card is an eleven (11) digits number, and so you must always confirm if it is up to that number.
You need to follow the basic steps below if you want to know your Dstv IUC number:
- Ensure your Dstv decoder is on.
- Turn your decoder upside down horizontally, with the lower part facing upwards.
- There is a white sticker at the bottom part of the decoder.
- You will see the official DStv IUC number with all numbers without letters on the sticker.
- Record the number somewhere.
- Would you mind keeping it safe and secure?
There you go!
You just had a chance to check your Multichoice smartcard number.
How To Know Your Multichoice IUC Number Using The SmartCard
Here are the simple and easy steps to follow to know your Dstv smart card number:
- Switch off your Dstv decoder; it is powered.
- Look at the front panel of the decoder, and you will see a blue card inserted into your decoder.
- Carefully pull out the card.
- Ensure you do not bend the card.
- Turn your card upside down into your palm.
- There is a number written boldly on it, which is your smart card number.
- Record the card number somewhere safely.
- Put back your card number where it was.
- Now, put on your decoder to see if your card has been detected.
That is how you get to know your Dstv intelligent card number.