Now that you have registered your Mpesa till number, what should be your next step? You ought to activate your till number to start earning via it.
How do you activate your Mpesa till number?
This guide will take you through the process of starting your Mpesa till number step by step.
You should note that each Mpesa Till number has its unique Business number.
Hence when applying for the Mpesa Till number, you must receive the Business number.
What is a business number?
Your business number is the number that customers will use to pay for your offer’s goods and services.
It is also the number you will use to activate your Mpesa till number.
What is Safaricom M-Pesa till number?
The Mpesa till number is a unique sim card created by Safaricom, which receives payments only from Mpesa.
The Sim Card has unique numbers that are also known as till numbers.
The Sim Card is named after the business you run or according to your preference.
The customer uses this number to send payments from their mpesa account to purchase the goods and services you offer.
You will get a message notification confirming the payments.
Note that this Sim card cannot be used to make calls or send messages, but it can be used to contact customer care if you need help.
How To Activate Your Mpesa Till Number
The Mpesa till number can be activated when you;
- Visit the Safaricom customer care desk.
- You can, however, activate it on your own.
Requirements needed For Activating the business number at the customer care desk
Safaricom customer care desks are widely spread across the country; hence you need to visit one nearby you to activate your Mpesa.
Remember to carry the following with you;
- Your Mpesa till number.
- Your National ID.
- The Safaricom number is used to register for your Mpesa Till number.
The customer care service will activate your Mpesa Till within 10 minutes, and from there, you can start earning via your Mpesa Till number.
How to activate Mpesa till number Yourself On Phone
You can also activate the Mpesa till number on your own without visiting the Safaricom customer care desk.
Once you have applied for the till number on the Self Onboarding portal: https://m-pesaforbusiness.co.ke/LNM and nominated your number and received your till number through SMS, the activation process is quite simple.
Steps to follow:
Log into the self-onboarding portal: https://m-pesaforbusiness.co.ke/LNM/ and download the Lipa Na Mpesa sticker.
Next, activate the business till.
Here are the basic steps you need to follow to activate the Mpesa Till Number:
- Dial *234# from the nominated number.
- Choose option 2 Mpesa business till.
- Insert Mpesa till number you received on SMS while registering.
- Choose option 1 –yes
- Accept the terms and conditions via the Mpesa till number.
- After that, click submit.
- Next, wait a few minutes, you will receive an SMS from Mpesa with your operator ID and Start Key PIN.
- The next thing you must do is change the PIN you were using in the nominated number.
How to change the Mpesa Pin
- Dial *234# from the nominated number.
- Click option 2
- Fill in your Mpesa store number.
- After that, choose option 5.
- Next, select option 1.
- Enter Operator ID; it is the code you received after activation.
- When that is done, you can check the message you received from Mpesa.
- Insert the Old PIN. At this point, the Old PIN is the Start Key you receive through SMS from MPESA
- Enter New PIN
- Confirm New PIN
- Select submit.
In a few minutes, a message will be sent from Mpesa to confirm the PIN has been altered and Mpesa till number has been activated.
That is basically how to successfully activate your Mpesa Till number in Kenya.
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Nana Abrokwa
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/how-to-activate-mpesa-till-number/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2021, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for March 2021, check them:
- How To Register For The KPLC e-bill, Kenya Power eBill
- How To Check KPLC Meter Registration Details, Kenya Power Guide
- How To Enter KPLC Account Number When Buying Tokens
- How To Get The KPLC Account Number From The Meter
- How To Check KPLC Meter Number, Kenya Power Meter
- How To Unlock KPLC Token Meter: Find How Unblock To Kenya Power
- How Does MTN MoMopay Work In Ghana – MTN MoMopay
- Find The Limit For MTN Mobile Money In Ghana Here – MoMo Transfer Limit
- How To Start A Shoe Business In South Africa – Business Guide
- How To Start A Spice Business In South Africa – Quick Business Guide