Chances are you are here because you would like to know how much KPLC meter separation. You have come to the right place to learn how much KPLC is meter separation and how to apply for the meter separation.
KPLC does the meter separation, and you have to apply for separation. Note you cannot hire an electrician to do the meter separation. Rather, you get to apply, and KPLC electricians do it.
Thus if you have been wondering how to go about meter separation and how much it will cost, read this article to find out.
KPLC Meter Separation Application
If you would like to have meter separation, the first step is to apply for the service to KPLC. The application can be made online through the KPLC website. Here are steps to follow and apply for meter separation;
- Visit KPLC website https://selfservice.kplc.co.ke.
- Register an account if you don’t have one and if you have one, log in
- From the menu, select apply meter separation
- Fill the application form
- Submit with the applicable documents.
After you have clicked submit, you’ll be provided with the application reference number immediately, which you can use to check the status of your application.
Documents that are required when applying for meter separation
The following are documents required by all applicants when applying for meter separation;
- Copy of National Identification (I.D) or Passport for Non-Kenyans/ Company Registration Certificate
- Copy of your PIN Certificate
- Route sketch map leading to premises where supply is required.
- Copy of title deed and land search documents for ownership of property (to support wayleaves consent)
- Duly filled Supply Contract form (https://bit.ly/3btxjVq)
- Wiring Certificates
Meter Separation and Additional Load Application
- Copy of latest Electricity Bill
- Additional Requirements for Premium Applications (Businesses)
- Scaled site plan
- Load Schedule Details
After submitting the application, KPLC will evaluate the cost of meter separation and send you a quotation. The quotation is valid for 90 days from the day, and you are required to make payment within those 90 days. The following are ways to pay the quotation;
- Electronic funds transfer (RTGS) to KPLC Bank Account No. 0104074121608
- Mobile money through Pay bill number 888899, Account No: application reference no.
- Cheque to KPLC Quote your application reference number and contact number overleaf of the cheque
- Cash payment at KPLC Payment office
How much is KPLC meter separation
If you still wonder how much you will pay for meter separation, the Meter separation cost approximately is Kshs 3480. However, the price differs, and you will receive a quotation from the KPLC.