This is another arousing and exciting DStv guide and details. This guide is given to block and unblock channels to make your DStv parental control on your decoder operative.
Dstv multichoice offers many channels on tv in all entertainment categories, and that involves a significant number of programmes aired each day appropriate for all age ranges.
DStv does not have any channel showing adult content, but it is reasonable to maintain the kind of programmes your kids watch.
As a result, DStv has developed parental control options on all their decoders, extended between PVR decoder to high definition (HD) decoders, Explora, and more.
WHAT DOES PARENTAL GUIDANCE ON DSTV MEAN
Pg is an abbreviation of parental guidance, meaning the control parents guide what kids should be exposed to in their watch channels.
WHAT DOES BLOCK ON DSTV MEAN
It means a parental control block has been put on that channel, and you can only watch it if you unblock that channel.
WHAT IS THE DSTV DEFAULT PIN or Password FOR DSTV PARENTAL GUIDANCE
By selecting the channels, your kids should not watch, activate the PG block on your decoder, keeping in mind that the pin for DStv PG is 1234. You can change it to your preferred pin.
HOW TO SET UP PARENTAL GUIDANCE (PG) ON YOUR DSTV DECODER
If you want to setup parental guidance (PG) on your DStv decoder, please follow the basic steps below:
1. Using your DStv decoder remote, press the blue button with DStv written on it.
2. Press the right button of the ‘ok’ or the grid button.
3. Navigate till you get to settings.
4. Under setting, scroll down to parental control.
5. Next, press on ‘ok’.
6. Open PG settings.
7. Enter the DStv default parental control code, i.e., 1234.
8.scroll down to parental control.
9. Choose p13 to block every program rated above 16.
10. You can select FAM, blocking all channels and opening only channels rated 13 or below.
HOW TO BLOCK CHANNELS ON DSTV DECODER
If there are channels you do not want to watch, you can delete them by;
1. Press the button DSTV icon, which will take you to the menu.
2. Navigate rightly till you go to settings.
3. At settings, please press the ok button.
4. Scroll down and select parental control.
5. Switch to PG settings and open it and enter pin 1234.
6. Choose to personalize tab.
7. Switch on channel blocking on.
8. Choose ‘select blocked channels’ and press on ok to continue.
9. Select all channels you want to block, and once selected, they will be blocked.
10. Press the return button to exit.
HOW TO UNLOCK CHANNELS ON DSTV TO REMOVE PG BLOCKED
Here is what you need to know:
Sometimes you may want to unblock channels on your DStv.
If you want to unblock channels on DStv to removed PG blocked, then you need to follow the steps below:
1. Press the blue button on your DStv remote and go to the menu.
2. Move the right arrow till you get to settings
3. Scroll to parental control.
4. Input 1234 on your remote to continue.
5. Behind the global blocking switch to ‘ no block’.
6. FInally, press on the return key on your remote to exit the menu.
HOW TO CHANGE PARENTAL CONTROL PIN ON DSTV
Before you can change PG on your decoder, you will need the PIN.
The default pin for DStv parental control is 1234. Indeed, anyone, including kids, can memorize it quickly, so it is essential to use a more complex one. Follow these steps;
To change PG PIN, follow the steps below:
1. First, press the DStv button on your remote control and go to the menu.
2. Go to settings.
3. Choose the ‘parental control’ tab.
4. Select ‘ PG’ and open it.
5. Input 1234 to unlock it.
6. Scroll down to ‘ Change Pin’.
7. Enter four digits pin of your choice.
8. Confirm the pin.
9. Press on return to exit.
HOW Can I PUT A PASSWORD ON MY DSTV CHANNEL
For this to be effective, go to the menu and select parental control under the setting. Set up the PG pin to a new one and choose the channels you wish to lock
HOW DO I TURN OFF DStv PARENTAL CONTROL WITHOUT A PASSWORD?
Reset your decoder to factory default, and this will delete settings on your decoder.
That is exactly how to setup DStv parental control (PG) on your decoder to prevent children from accessing some channels.
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Nana Abrokwa
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/dstv-parental-control-guide/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2021, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for March 2021, check them:
- How To Register For The KPLC e-bill, Kenya Power eBill
- How To Check KPLC Meter Registration Details, Kenya Power Guide
- How To Enter KPLC Account Number When Buying Tokens
- How To Get The KPLC Account Number From The Meter
- How To Check KPLC Meter Number, Kenya Power Meter
- How To Unlock KPLC Token Meter: Find How Unblock To Kenya Power
- How Does MTN MoMopay Work In Ghana – MTN MoMopay
- Find The Limit For MTN Mobile Money In Ghana Here – MoMo Transfer Limit
- How To Start A Shoe Business In South Africa – Business Guide
- How To Start A Spice Business In South Africa – Quick Business Guide