Most American taxpayers do not understand IRS Code 152 on their tax transcripts.
If you are among this group, this is the right place! This guide will show you all the information you need to know about code 152.
When you receive this code on your tax transcript, it is accompanied by a message notifying you that your return processing has been delayed beyond the normal time frame.
What Causes A Delay In Return Processing
Below are some of the reasons for delayed refund processing:
- Refunds from amended returns can take up to 20 weeks to reflect.
- If you file an injured spouse claim
- Refund claims with an application for an individual taxpayer ID number attached
- Requests for a refund of tax withheld on a Form 1042-S by filing a form1040-NR could take up to six months.
These are some of why code 152 appears on your tax transcript in the US.
IRS Code 152
You don’t have to be worried when you see this code soon after filing your returns.
Code 152 may appear to many early tax return filers who submit their returns at the start of tax season because of IRS backlogs, PATH delays, and system issues.
These may cause processing delays, and it has nothing to do with the tax filer.
The code may indicate that your return has been held for further review and could take longer than the standard 21-day processing timeframe.
This is what the IRS code 152 means on your tax transcript in the US.
How long could The Return Be Held?
With code 152, returns could be held longer than 21 days if you make an injured spouse claim, submit an amended return, or request a tax withheld refund.
When your tax return processing resumes, you should see your refund in 10 to 14 days.
This is the approximate time for code 152 processing in the US.
What Happens After IRS Code 152 Processing?
If the code changes to 151, your return is under a potential audit or is held for further examination.
Auditing is done manually by an IRS agent checking your return and sending you a letter with discrepancies, adjustments, or payments.
You will see code 420 or 424 on your tax transcript during auditing.
This is all you need to know about IRS Code 152 in the US.
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Nana Abrokwa
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-152/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2022, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for May 2022, check them:
- Bereal App Download, Install Bereal App On Your Phone
- How To Unfriend Someone On Bereal, Unfollow On Bereal
- Is Bereal Down, No, But, Here Is A Fix
- How To Post on Bereal Late, Post Later On Bereal
- Bereal Screenshot, Take A Screenshot On Bereal
- How To Take A Bereal, Follow These Steps
- What Is A Bereal App, Find Out How It Works
- How Does Bereal Work, Get Full Details Below
- How To Post A Bereal, Step-By-Step Guide
- Does GNC accept SNAP, Get Details About GNC EBT Payment