Bodaboda business involves carrying and transporting goods from one place to another as well as individuals. The business is fast growing among the youth as it does not require much capital to start. All one needs is a valid and certified driving license and a motorcycle, and you are good to go. Here is a guide on how one can start a successful bodaboda business in Uganda.
How much does a bodaboda cost in Uganda?
When venturing into the bodaboda business, one must look at the type and cost of bodaboda he can afford. A good bodaboda may cost 3 million Uganda shillings. Some drivers lease their bikes, and they make a deal of paying them weekly until the debt is done.
Best motorcycle for bodaboda business in Uganda
Some of the best motorcycle brands for the bodaboda business include;
Depending on how much capital one has, one can choose the motorcycle of his or her liking.
Tips to start and run a successful bodaboda business in Uganda
- Look for a location that has a high demand for bodaboda drivers. This can be near colleges or workplaces where there is usually a rush to get to work on time. Also in town centers where one may get lost and hence need a bodaboda service.
- Always make sure your bodaboda is clean and in good condition. Passengers usually look for a clean and presentable bodaboda to take them to their destination.
- Advertise your business on social media platforms as friends will always be your first customers.
- Allow other means of payment aside from cash, such as mobile money payment.
- Make sure you go for training to acquire a valid driving license for not only the safety of your passenger but yours as well.
How much does a bodaboda make a day in Uganda?
The number of profits one can make in a day varies depending on the location and even season. Bodaboda riders usually go to the extent of fighting for clients; thus, the one who’s is lucky and convincing can make more profits. In a day, many bodaboda riders make up to 100,000 Uganda shillings.
Challenges facing the bodaboda business in Uganda
- The main challenge facing the bodaboda business is accident cases. The bodaboda business though lucrative, tends to be involved in accidents a lot.
- The other challenge is that many people see bodaboda drivers as goons. This is why most people avoid them and opt for other options.
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Editorial Team
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/how-to-start-a-bodaboda-business-in-uganda/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2022, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for May 2022, check them:
- Honeywell Home RTH6580WF Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
- Bereal App Download, Install Bereal App On Your Phone
- How To Unfriend Someone On Bereal, Unfollow On Bereal
- Is Bereal Down, No, But, Here Is A Fix
- How To Post on Bereal Late, Post Later On Bereal
- Bereal Screenshot, Take A Screenshot On Bereal
- How To Take A Bereal, Follow These Steps
- What Is A Bereal App, Find Out How It Works
- How Does Bereal Work, Get Full Details Below
- How To Post A Bereal, Step-By-Step Guide