The bar business is quite lucrative in Uganda as more and more people indulge in drinking. Majority of the people drink for leisure, especially after a long day of work; hence starting the business can bring massive profits to your business. Here is an ultimate guide on what you need to start and run a successful bar business in Uganda.
How much does it cost to start a bar in Uganda?
The capital needed to start and run a bar business in Uganda depends on whether you’re opening it on a large or small scale. If you plan to sell around fifteen bottles of spirits, ten crates of beer, and soft drinks, this will cost around 35 million Ugandan shillings. But for the small-scale businesses, 10 million Ugandan shillings can be a good start.
Requirements to start a bar business in Uganda
- The first and most obvious requirement is enough capital. The capital is essential in stocking the business, paying rent and licenses, and business permits. Make sure to take a loan if your savings are not enough.
- The next step is to acquire the necessary business permits from the Uganda authorities as well as health and fire certificates that ensure your business is safe to run. Since one cannot run an empty bar, the next step is to stock the bar with some of the best liquors in demand.
- Make sure to pay the appropriate rent on time to avoid business disturbances.
- One can also hire security to help ensure your business and customers are safe as they drink.
Tips to start a successful bar business in Uganda
- Make a business plan to help you manage the funds of the bar and be able to run and operate the bar.
- Research to figure out what other bars do to have a successful business. Learn their strengths and weaknesses as well.
- Choose a suitable location that has potential customers and is to your liking and budget. Look at the design of the building, and it should also be easily accessible to customers.
- Hire competent employees who know how to run and manage a bar business. There should also be waiters and waitresses to help you serve the beers and a DJ to set the mood of the bar, thus attracting more customers.
- Advertise your business both on social media and using friends. This will bring in more customers.
- Design your rented building in such a design that will have more and more customers interested.
- Have offers on drinks to faithful customers, especially on Fridays as it is the last day of work.
Is the bar business profitable in Uganda?
The bar business is quite profitable as day in day out, people walk into the bar to have a drink before heading home from work. In Uganda, the bar business can bring profits as huge as 60 million Ugandan shillings.
This may actually vary depending on the location and season of the year, but it would be quite enough to have financial stability.
This simple and easy article Was Last Updated on by Editorial Team
Please you wish to visit this post “https://thebusinessalert.com/how-to-start-a-bar-business-in-uganda/” ocassionally for changes and updates that we will make to this article.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/sunlearn-student-portal-login/
In the year 2022, we bring you the best of banking and money transfer experience. Just stay tuned for more articles.
Check this ultimate guide: https://thebusinessalert.com/irs-code-290/
Here is the main list of our latest guides for May 2022, check them:
- Honeywell Home RTH6580WF Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat
- Bereal App Download, Install Bereal App On Your Phone
- How To Unfriend Someone On Bereal, Unfollow On Bereal
- Is Bereal Down, No, But, Here Is A Fix
- How To Post on Bereal Late, Post Later On Bereal
- Bereal Screenshot, Take A Screenshot On Bereal
- How To Take A Bereal, Follow These Steps
- What Is A Bereal App, Find Out How It Works
- How Does Bereal Work, Get Full Details Below
- How To Post A Bereal, Step-By-Step Guide