In today’s guide, we will show you how to activate a new Safaricom line in Kenya.
Safaricom has consented to the new rules of the communications commission of Kenya (CCK)to allow users to activate a new Safaricom SIM by themselves.
You do not know where to get a new Safaricom line. Worry no more!
We will tell you where and how to purchase a new Safaricom SIM.
Where To Purchase A New Safaricom Line
You can purchase a new Safaricom line anywhere in major cities and towns, including the street vendors.
All Safaricom shops across the country sell new Safaricom lines.
New Safaricom lines cost from Ksh 50 to 150 depending on where you purchase.
Buying a new customized Safaricom chip is usually more expensive than the regular Safaricom line.
Before you activate a new Safaricom number, you need to already have your details with you.
Personal Details Required To Register A New Safaricom Line
Your details are needed to facilitate a new Safaricom line in Kenya.
The personal details required to activate a new Safaricom line are:
- Your last name
- A viable email address
- Your identification number
- Identification document type, whether a national ID or a Passport
- New password
- Current address that is the P.O. Box, City, State, Post Code and your country
- Your Safaricom number
Now that you already know what is required to register a new Safaricom line, we will go ahead to show you exactly how to register a new Safaricom number.
How To Activate A New Safaricom Line
If you want to activate a new Safaricom line in Kenya, please follow the below basic steps:
- To activate a new Safaricom line visit the Safaricom web self-service portal https://domains.safaricom.co.ke/clientarea.php on your device.
- Next, select the REGISTER tab.
- Next, input your details in the order you are asked for, including billing information and password.
- After that, check the ‘Accept the Terms of Service’ box to accept the terms and conditions of using your new Safaricom line.
- Next, click on Register your new Safaricom line.
- You will receive an email notification that you have activated your new Safaricom line.
Alternatively, you can fill out a sim card registration and activation form found in the sim pack you bought toregister a new Safaricom line.
This is simply how you activate a new Safaricom line in Kenya.